September 8th, Iβll be on MSDN Webcast: geekSpeak talking about: PowerShell for .NET Developers.
- Doug Finke on the OData PowerShell Explorer! Check out the podcast run by Richard and Greg. Lots of fun talking about Open Data Protocol, PowerShell and the potential of PowerShell.
- Lee Holmes book is out, V2 Windows PowerShell Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Scripting Microsoft’s New Command Shell. He is part of the Microsoft PowerShell team and the first edition had excellent scripts and concepts. This should be great resource.
- Allen White is giving a pre-conference session at PASS. PowerShell is an amazing tool to help you automate your administrative processes. Allen has 9 sections to his outline for this session. Looks great.
- William Vambenepe says in his post The necessity of PaaS: Will Microsoft be the Singapore of Cloud Computing?
Under the DSI banner, Microsoft has been working for a while on improving the management/automation infrastructure for Windows, with tools like PowerShell (which I like a lot).
- It was great to watch this PowerShell script unfold from an interaction of 140 character tweets. Jaykul posted it HERE. With it you can do this:
C:\PS> math β(42 / 9) * ( cos(.56) ^ 3 ) + Tan 60β
- Dan Wanek posts Managing Windows with Ruby (Part 1) or… How I learned to stop worrying and manage Windows from Linux. He creates a Ruby library to tap into WinRM (windows remote management) that ships with PowerShell.
- Lance Robinson posts PowerShell TruncateAtWhitespace Function – if you have βLance has a blogβ and you need to truncate it to 8 characters or less, you get βLanceβ instead of βLance haβ.
- Posted a couple years ago, here are a handful of functions and aliasβ that make working with TortoiseSVN from PowerShell a snap: Status-TortoiseSvn, SmartDiff-TortoiseSvn, RepoBrowser-TortoiseSvn, Commit-TortoiseSvn, Log-TortoiseSvn
- A colleague, Thorsten Lorenz, blogged about taking my Svn PowerShell prompt, merged it with the Git PowerShell prompt. Now he can be in a directory and gets feedback if it is a git or svn working copy.