Itâ€™s nice to know that bollocks are a good thing.
- Ravikanth Chaganti started a series Managing Windows Deployment Services (WDS) using PowerShell – Part 1. He also shows how he found it using PowerShell to search the registry. Plus interacts with a COM object with New-Object â€“ComObject and does reflection at the command line with Get-Member
- Pablo Cibraro fires up Tallago Studios SO-Aware PowerShell provider. SO-Aware is a Web Services repository that enables the cataloging, management, monitoring and testing of Web Services. SO-Aware can be completely managed using PowerShell scripting environment.
- Jeffery Snover, inventor of PowerShell, received Patent # 7,757,282. Congratulations. The title â€śSystem And Method For Distinguishing Safe And Potentially Unsafe Data During Runtime Processingâ€ť. Hereâ€™s the PDF. Itâ€™s an interesting read. Here is some of the background:
Bollocks – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
"Conversely, the word also figures in idiomatic phrases such as "the
dog’s /bollocks/" and "top /bollock(s)/", which usually refer to
something which is admired, approved of or well-respected."
The Perl language developed a security feature that is directed at minimizing risks associated with input collected from web forms. This security feature is commonly referred to as â€śtaintâ€ť. [â€¦] A more pervasive and more comprehensive taint mechanism is needed that handles various scripting situations.
- Matthew Painter put up MiniCalc – A PowerShell Calculator with GUI using WinForms
- Wednesday, September 22, 2010 – Windows Powershell Basics for IT Pros: Ask your questions LIVE! Are there admin tasks youâ€™d like to automate, but not sure how?
- The How and Why of Learning to Use PowerShell (Part 1 of more than 1) â€“ Andy Schneider writes up his thoughts about why itâ€™s worth the effort to learn PowerShell. Short term pain for long term gain.